You can find the archive for this show here.
Rick Weyenberg email: email@example.com twitter: @codeboarder
Mark Garner email: firstname.lastname@example.org twitter: @mgarner
Google Play: aka.ms/afn-google
Azure Backup Server now supports SQL 2017 with new enhancements
- V3 is the latest upgrade for Microsoft Azure Backup Server (MABS). Azure Backup Server can now be installed on Windows Server 2019 with SQL 2017 as its database. MABS V3 brings key enhancements in the areas of storage and security.￼
Azure Functions now supported as a step in Azure Data Factory pipelines
- Azure Functions is a serverless compute service that enables you to run code on-demand without having to explicitly provision or manage infrastructure. Using Azure Functions, you can run a script or piece of code in response to a variety of events. Azure Data Factory (ADF) is a managed data integration service in Azure that allows you to iteratively build, orchestrate, and monitor your Extract Transform Load (ETL) workflows. Azure Functions is now integrated with ADF, allowing you to run an Azure function as a step in your data factory pipelines.￼
Automate Always On availability group deployments with SQL Virtual Machine resource provider
- We are excited to share that a new, automated way to configure high availability solutions for SQL Server on Azure Virtual Machines (VMs) is now available using our SQL VM resource provider.￼
Streamlined IoT device certification with Azure IoT certification service
- For over three years, we have helped customers find devices that work with Azure IoT technology through the Azure Certified for IoT program and the Azure IoT device catalog. In that time, our ecosystem has grown to one of the largest in the industry with more than 1,000 devices and starter kits from over 250 partners.￼￼Today, we are taking steps to further to grow our device partner ecosystem with the release of Azure IoT certification service (AICS), a new web-based test automation workflow, which is now generally available. AICS will significantly reduce the operational processes and engineering costs for hardware manufacturers to get their devices certified for Azure Certified for IoT program and be showcased on the Azure IoT device catalog.
Know exactly how much it will cost for enabling DR to your Azure VMs
- Azure offers built-in disaster recovery (DR) solution for Azure Virtual Machines through Azure Site Recovery (ASR). In addition to the broadest global coverage, Azure has the most comprehensive resiliency strategy in the industry from mitigating rack level failures with Availability Sets and data center failures with Availability Zones to protecting against large-scale events with failover to separate regions with ASR. A common question we get is about costs associated with configuring DR for Azure virtual machines. We have listened and prioritized.
Static websites on Azure Storage now generally available
- Today we are excited to announce the general availability of static websites on Azure Storage, which is now available in all public cloud regions.
Source: Azure Flash News
Source Link: Azure Flash News Episode for 2018-12-14